07 October 2011

To Snuggle or Not

It rained hard today. I do not know if you like cold nights but I do. Makes me want to grab my favorite PJs, snuggle up in bed and watch the Big Bang theory. However, the night is too lonely to stay immobile therefore I decided to cook something to do away with the coldness. A night like this reminds me of a sumptuous dinner at home with mama's recipe of chicken tinola. Memories of home instantly warmed up my night then I grabbed the knife... sliced the onion , chopped the garlic, heated up the pan and VOILA I have this delicious chicken tinola for dinner. 



Tomorrow might be another rainy day and if you battle whether to snuggle or not, you can try to cook this recipe instead. Here are the ingredients:

  • chicken (cut into parts or choice cuts of breast, thighs of wings).
  • 2 1/2 cups young papaya or sayote
  • 1/2 cup dahon ng sili
  • 5 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons ginger (roughly chopped)
  • 1/2 head garlic (minced)
  • 1 medium onion (diced)
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 2 tablespoons patis
  • pinch of salt and pepper

  • Procedure:


  1. In a casserole, heat oil and saute' garlic, onion and ginger.
  2. Add the chicken and water.
  3. Bring to a boil and lower fire, let simmer until chicken is cooked.
  4. Pour in patis, salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Add in papaya or sayote, allow to cook.
  6. When ready to serve, put in dahon ng sili.
  7. Serve hot.
Easy ayt? Have a wonderful cold night lovies! :)

XoXo

ManicQUEEN


2 comments:

  1. Nice bAtchoy. Thought of cooking this tonight pero wala man ko sayote or papaya. Tsk tsk.. Will surely snuggle though. Who doesn't love snuggling?:D That's the best thing I love about cold weather, you're too cold to get up and do things(laazzyyyy). All you wanna do is stay in bed and snuggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D you need a fuzzy socks yat... Ok lng tinola without sayote... Just try it

    ReplyDelete