13 October 2011

A day in my life: Reverse Psychology

I woke up with a severe headache.

Stayed in bed until it was time for lunch.

Went back to bed.

If I decided to spoil my day because of this headache there will be no blog post, no few done chapters, no edited photos, no daily tasks that will be accomplished today. Yes, I feel so sick but I know I am the master of my body therefore, I instructed my brain to feel GREAT. 

I woke up.

Took my medicines 


Enjoyed steam bath with my favorite shower gel. The aroma is just very relaxing and soothing...
Put on a flowy, comfortable sun dress...

Made a peach tea with kalamansi extract.
Lit my favorite cranberry scented candle and read a book from M. Scott Peck, MD, The Road Less Traveled. 

Do I still have a throbbing head? Yes, but I am not planning to entertain this thought until the sun sets.I know some people with serious diseases like cancer who managed to live significant lives day by day. Hence I am not in the position to curl up in bed, sigh and complain. I have a great night ahead... I will cook a delicious dinner, try to finish the book and plan my activities for tomorrow. 

And you might ask: what about the reverse psychology? Well it is a technique involving the belief/behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired.  

When you feel sick... throw on a beautiful dress and pretend that you are at a marvelous resort.... enjoying the sunset.

When somebody tells you that you are ugly, instead of gnawing in self-defeat, put on your favorite lipstick...smile and say "I beg to disagree". 

You are the master of your life... 

Today, start being the captain of your ship.




XoXo

ManicQUEEN

2 comments:

  1. a very positive and strong post...:) like like like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! Just a mere realization that I should not let a simple hardship overcome me. :)

    ReplyDelete