19 March 2012

Thus The Confused Taste Bud

Have you seen how the handsome Lee Yoon Sung (City Hunter) eat a bowl of kimchi? Very enticing, right? I wonder how he does that... because my experience with this kind of food is not very much.... hhmmm...ok. I got curious and  asked my boyfriend to bring me to a Korean Restaurant. Curiosity must be fed or else it will grow insatiable therefore he yielded to my request and spent dinner with me at a KIM CHI restaurant along Bajada Street, Davao City. Okay, so here is my quick story of how the night went...
Went inside... picked a comfty chair and noticed that everyone is using chopsticks. What la? I can't use that kind of device... never tried so far. I don't want to play "catch me if you can" with my food therefore I displayed this (pa)cute face and asked the waitress if they have spoon and fork. Glad they do or I might quickly run and get a cab for McDonald. So I ordered this and that.. and that. Forgot the name of the food... wait I will research it for you. 
-------
----
--
--
--
--
--
--
-
So I ordered
KIM CHI CHIGE P200
SQUID BULGOGI DUPBAP P230
KIM BAP 150
The price is quite low therefore I am HAPPY.
¢‿¢ 
I waited for about 15 minutes and the waitress went back bringing what I requested. 
... a fork and... SPOOOOONNN. Why so big la? I could fit two among Ali Baba's forty thieves in here. Whatever I can't complain endlessly, can I? Oh they also gave me chop(rods)... it is never too late to practice, right? That made me excited...
Tada! Another 20 minutes and here comes my order... Why so many la? I ordered only three dishes. Uh-huh I am not paying for these.. too many uh uh. I went hysterical only to discover that plate 1-6 are for free (side dishes). Cool right? I am EXTRA HAPPY!
¢¢‿¢¢
You order one dish and you get six free side dishes. McDonald should be threatened!
Plate 7 is Kimbap
8 KimChi Chige
9 Squid Bulgogi Dupbap
Before I started trying a piece from every single plate I went on with my usual cam whore behavior. I felt like I need to document every single bite and make this post lengthy and appear that I put a lot of effort. Or am I appearing to be one already? :) 
Oh my! Can't believe that I am such a fast learner! No single sweat at all! 
However, I am getting so hungry and chop(rods) are such a waste of time. Good thing their humongous spoon fits my mouth well but don't be deceived by the look... after I tasted the food I never tried another bite anymore. Not very kind-tasting at all. 
All the dishes are either
1. TOO SPICY
or
2. TOO SWEET
My taste buds got confused and I just cannot describe the taste of the food well. Just imagine eating a chili powder with  three cups of sugar mixed with your favorite noodle. Ugh! Don't like it! Or maybe I am exaggerating? I wonder why some of the people I know love these kind of foods. I honestly don't like it! 
To conclude my story, all of the plates except plate number two, which I think is a scrambled egg, went to my "to go bag". They were slightly touched hence they all were semi-virgin and I intend to give them away to some street kids.  I paid 580 Php and I just can't waste foods, right? Somebody must be hungry and I can be a good Samaritan. 
BUT
What is happening to the world???
Can't find any street children anymore.
Jesus is this for real? Seriously, there were no street kids begging for palimos that night along Bajada street. And if you are from Davao, you will agree with me if I say that this is a big miracle! Amen to that!  

ah people! You can't find them when you need them...
I might as well look for..
HATERS??? 
Haha! Think I must end this post with some "kimchi related" sentence, agree? 
I HATE KIMCHI!
There you go...
PS
I LOVE MY KOREAN BF THOUGH AND I THINK HE IS SMASHING CUTE.
AND I ALSO LOVE http://tinkyloveslife.blogspot.com/ EVEN IS SHE THINKS THAT KIMCHI IS SUCH A PIECE OF HEAVEN. haha! :)

4 comments:

  1. where is this?might wanna try it..if this is your first encounter then it's normal.i hate kimchi before but am lovin it now..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ireeeeeeeennnneeeee ehehe...tingting here...i went there last sabado. thats my favorite korean resto...daghan sa bajada gwapa...atbang ra kaayo sa victoria, tapad sa chowking...theres another one sa victo car park "korea town resto" tapos naa pay girecommend akong friend diha gihapon sa bajada...amishu^^

      Delete
  2. bahahaha...super duper love this post! anything korean is my favorite and i so love kimchi restaurant! woot woot!!! first impressions never last man lot, balik ba....hahaha you can tell them not too spicy. you can try bibimbap and samgyupsal next time or deji bulgogi (not too hot) super sarap! hehehe

    ReplyDelete