03 March 2012

Once Upon A Female Beginner

Hi lovies!
Last week I twitted about this...
A few responded that they share the same feeling... gustong maging 18 uli! Why not? Age ain't nothing but a number. At sabi nga ni KC "Young is an attitude". This may seem correct but being 18 is already a far cry from this cliche, at least for me. 24 siguro pwede pa... 
Hindi na ako pwede mag debut uli kaya mag re-reminisce na lang ako. Seven years ago I didn't really want to celebrate a debut party rather I want to keep the money intended for it and buy my self a grand gift. My mother and sister did not agree and went on with their plans. I am helpless but I made sure that the following conditions were stressed upon them:
1. I won't wear a gown.. no long uncomfortable, itchy and disgusting dresses. I hate gowns back then.
2. I won't do it in a hotel... I want an open space... nothing too formal.. I want everyone to feel at home.
3. No mushy mushy dances like JS prom! No no!
4. No pink allowed! See? KJ ako noon.
and
5. No long boring speeches!
THEREFORE they decided to host a Hawaiian-inspired debut party for me. They invited my closest friends, teachers, relatives and classmates. It was very fun and memorable. Instead of the traditional 18 roses, we opted for 18 leis. Instead of gowns, I wore a boring tube dress with bold floral prints. I find the outfit funny but I feel so beautiful that night. HAHA! And you must take note of the gigantic flower tacked in my hair.Oh such an innocent child! We had a simple program followed by a bountiful meal. A party is not a party without food, right? Then we went for a swimming... the real celebration started. 
Simple lang but sobrang saya. Looking back made me teary-eyed. I am very blessed to have experienced a debut party and I will be forever thankful to my family for this wonderful memory. At kung mag de-debut ako uli? Siguro same pa rin..same venue... same outfit minus the gaudy hair piece... same set of menu but only few more guests because I will surely invite all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment