11 March 2012

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you

I don't know his name, his story and I don't even have his exact photo but I am hoping that someday I could let him know how he inspired me to go on with my life despite difficulties. He is a blind beggar and if you take Sta Cruz-Digos route you probably have seen him spreading his arms for help in the busy road of Tagabuli. You will see him day til mid-day, rain or shine, regular days to holidays... I even passed by him during Christmas. Or you probably witnessed his struggles on his way home... clueless of the dangers of the road with a stick as a guide. No, I am not promoting beggars here rather I admire his bravery to live life in the face of uncertainties. If I am blind, if I have to live my life depending on others, if I have to spend special occasions on the road under the heat of the sun... I don't think I can survive. I might cross the street endlessly until a bus kill me. I admire him for hanging in there... and maybe one day I can repay him for inspiring me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment