23 May 2012

Bucket List 73. Connect with all my teachers and let them know how they shaped my life

I wish I had my elementary and college teachers with me yesterday so that I can truly say that I fulfilled bucket list number 73. Gathering them all is like shooting for the moon because few already passed away and most of them are living far from my place. My limited resources and contacts made crossing out this list even harder nonetheless I think I did a great job. 
The day started early for me... after a quick breakfast I worked non-stop at my kitchen aiming to get things done before 12 noon. I cooked and prepared everything by myself because I owe a lot from my visitors and  my simple way of saying THANK YOU to them should be laboredcookhothurry up!
4:30 PM came and a couple friends started arriving... after few minutes a bunch of my old mentors showed up with a big question mark on their faces. They were all wondering about the occasion. Some speculated that it was a birthday... business anniversary... political rally. Few of them even thought that I will introduce a product and will oblige them to buy. Very cute application of Maslow's hierarchy of needs concept in order to market something. LOL! And a few asked: Gipamalay-an na ka day? Made me laugh so hard! 
Being my usual silly self, I did not explain anything. I just either deny something or laugh. 
Being on the same table with the people whom I owe a lot; enjoying the food that I prepared and catching up with old good memories was an experience that I will never ever trade with a 20k worth of shopping spree. batting eyelashes Nobody's gonna spend such an amount on me anyway. LOL!

To all my mentors (dead or alive):
You are the real heroes of our land and thank you so much for contributing a lot to my life.  I don't need an occasion to celebrate your profession because everyday is a teacher's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment