17 April 2012

Thus The Further Confusion Of My Already Confused Tastebuds

With the need of crossing out bucket list number 14. try out an exotic cuisine,  I roamed around Davao City to discover new places to dine and eventually content myself that what I have tasted is already "exotic" enough. I have tried Korean food and this time I will be sharing my experience with Mongolian Resto.
Kublai Khan Mongolian Restaurant is located at The Peak, top floor of Gaisano Mall Davao.
You will notice an array of uncooked ingredients once you enter. It feels like you are in a grocery wet section only that rice, beans, noodles, carrots, cabbage, different kind of sauce and a lot more are being lined up resembling a buffet room. I got super confused when I went there... specially when I saw the uncooked internal organs like liver and intestine.. ano eto? In na ba ang hilaw nowadays? Buti na lang mabilis ang explanation ng waitress:
Eat-all-you can pala dito so basically you will be given an empty bowl and you get to pick the ingredients to complete your menu. Once you fill your bowl to the brim, the cook will cook (haha! cook will cook, redundant!), the tagaluto will cook it for you. Better? cool You will pay P250 for an eat-all-you can bowl, you pick your ingredients... you have the prerogative to fill your bowl with onions and nothing but onions if you want to and the cook will set it on fire. Sounds exciting, right? Exciting indeed until I saw this warning on their wall
Very defensive haha! However it is a cute way of reminding the customers to put together the proper ingredients. The outcome of the taste lies on you... and since hindi ako magaling sa mga concoctions na 'yan, I finally decided to step out and find another place BUT the waitress explained another way of ordering where I can pick from normal set of menus. Meron na man palang ganyan eh... huwag na magpahirapan. I ordered seafood salsa for P90 and my food trip buddy ordered beef szechuan also P90. The latter sounds alien to both of us. 
This is how the seafood salsa looks like. I can briefly describe it as a bowl of bean sprout. 
Beef szechuan arrived and yeah they are quite identical with seafood salsa. Now we have two bowls of bean sprouts. Hurray!devil

Okay, picture 1 shows my initial reaction after getting my order. Hindi po ako aware na me paparazzi pala.. genuine reaction po yan. Picture 2 shows an immediate reaction after picture number 1... series po yan LOL! But upon discovering that someone is taking a snap snap... syempre nagpa cute ako hence picture 3. 
I won't bother to describe the taste because I have nothing else to say except that it takes like a bean sprout with a slight hint of spicy sauce. 
I've asked a couple friends if they like Mongolian cuisine and few of them responded that they actually do. Oh man! Something must be wrong with my taste buds or maybe I just got the wrong menu... or maybe the eat all you can bowl is better... I don't know. I tried 4 spoonful bites and that's it... nagsayang na nman ako ng food. yawn same old story, right? But the place is great... go there and try putting together the perfect ingredients and let me know if you enjoyed experimenting. 
This might be my last foodtriperience blog. I am afraid there will come a day that all the restaurants in my place will post this in their establishment
Oh God forbid but if this will ever happen someday, I hope they will pick a decent photo of me. The one with a hello kitty cap will do.


1 comment:

  1. kadamo pagkain lot pangahatag....mingaw nako sa davao(gmol)meeting place kung naay makipagkita hehehe gmol dayon ang dali masampit...thank you for posting this lot atleast makawala kamingaw.ug lamat pud for joining my site.umwah!!!*wink

    ReplyDelete