25 September 2011

I'm a LOSER!

When I was younger people used to call me names like fetus, patpatin, walis ting-ting, payat. Sure these names left my ego throbbing. When I entered postpuberty I decided to take diet enhancers with the hope of a weight gain miracle. After months of taking Lingzhe (chinese pill) I started to notice changes in my appetite. My half-rice plate size increased to 50 percent..then it went 100 percent until I can't contain myself with just 3 cups of rice. Oh yeah call me patay-gutom but, two plates of palabok were never enough to satisfy my hunger during class intervals. After a year people started to notice that I am gaining...gaining...gaining extra pounds and I realized thst I am already fat/chubby/skinny no more. I did not like the thin version of my self but being fat is not pretty either. My face went oozing round, arms flabby, stomach bil-bilized (kuha mo?)


My self-esteem deflated.


I can't wear sleeveless anymore..


Can't wear body-fitting tops..


My confidence was overpowered by cellulites


It was during my job hunting days when I decided to be a LOSER. My dream shape became my top priority and I can fairly say that I am successful in achieving it. I am not saying that you need to be thin in order to be happy, beautiful, successful, desirable and the like. If you are satisfied with your current weight then, BRaVO! Screw them who think that you are obese when you are only 400 pounds. However, for those who want to start kicking off some pounds and live healthy, I am willing to share my fitness tips. I hope these come handy to all of you who can relate to my journey towards getting back in shape. Good luck!


Tip 1: 


Get a pair of sharp scissors and start trimming all the excess fats. You can take this literally or figuratively but either way I won't take charge of the results. :)


Kidding aside, a slim plate really helps a lot in achieving your dream shape. Eat regulated/ balanced healthy foods. For diet I don't like many breakfast foods so I drink a nutritional breakfast shake from Nature's Plus every morning. 


This Slim and Natural delicious and satisfying diet plan is high in protein, vitamins, minerals and fibers. To lose weight naturally and healthfully, it is recommended that you have one glass of Slim and Natural shake for breakfast, one for lunch and one as a late afternoon snack, along with a complete, well-balanced meal for dinner. This shake is my meal replacement during breakfast. Then for the rest of the day I really don't have any specific diet I just watch my calorie intake and make healthy choices.  


For awesome recipes that are low fat and low calorie check this website http://www.hungry-girl.com


Eat healthy low fat snacks. I love eating dried prunes, dates and other dried fruits and If you can, Say NO to junk food!


Tip 2:


DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER EACH DAY. I know you’ve heard it before. Water promotes healthy and natural weight loss by speeding up metabolism and allowing our body to absorb nutrients from the foods we consume. 


Call me stupid but my second tip is for you to choose a water bottle with a design that you love. Doing this will likely increase your water consumption. For those on the go bellas out there pick a water bottle that's easy to carry around and won't leak. 


Tip 3:


As for exercising, don't push yourself too hard. When you do, you will end giving up early. Think of activities that you love when you were once a kid and incorporate them in your weight loss plan. Whatever you do for exercise, make sure that it's something you like and will stick with. 


Below are fun and wacky exercise ideas:


-playing wii video games
-swimming
-biking
-yoga
-pilates
-window shopping :)


Tip 4: 


Since you are expecting a weight loss it is likely that you will develop strech marks. Prevention is better than cure so before strech marks peek out, you can use a body brush to massage the areas where you want to prevent stretch marks from appearing, such as the thighs, buttocks, breasts and arms. This massage will increase blood circulation to the area. 


Special creams/oils for stretch marks are also marketed to help enhance collagen production and support the dermis. You can chose from a wide array of products claiming to help you with stretch marks but a simple moisturizer is enough to keep your skin supple and elastic. But for those bellas out there who already suffer from hideous stretch marks and in search for the most Holy Grail then You can try using BIO-OIL.




This product claims to improve the appearance of all types of scars and is also highly effective in helping maintain elasticity of scar tissue.


If despite your efforts you continue to see stretch marks on your skin, do not despair, rationalization is an effective tool. Stretch marks are the result of a healthy body trying to heal itself. So if you have those ugly marks, congratulations! You are a healthy earthling.


Tip 5:


Do you have those lumpy fat deposits most women have on their thighs and buttocks? If your answer is yes, then you must be pissed off with that dimpled bum.
           
I have home remedies for you that help remove/reduce the appearance of cellulites in your body. An easy and simple way to start getting rid of the cellulite would be soaking a slice of cucumber in a glass of water. Let it soak overnight and drink the morning when you wake up or whenever you like during the day. However do ensure that you drink it all at once.
If you are addicted to coffee and you cannot go a single hour without a cup of coffee then you will be happy to know that coffee too is a great way to get rid of cellulite on your butt. You will need a lot of the coffee residue though if you want to work the cellulite off your butt. Walk over to the coffee shop around the corner and ask them for their left over coffee residue. Bring it home and add a little water to it to make a coffee paste. Simply scrub the paste over your butt and cover it with a plastic wrap. Next wash it off and you will be amazed with the results.


This method may seem a little unorthodox but it can really help. All you have to do is write the letter A – Z on a wall with your butt. Do it twice over, in capital letters and small letters.


Tip 6


Now it’s time to talk about breasts post-weight loss. Let us accept it bellas that breasts deflate after losing some extra pounds. Weight loss, while ravishing the rest of your body, may neglect the tenderness of your boobies. However, firming creams that are designed to lift, tighten, and rejuvenate your bust contours by improving tone, texture, and firmness are readily available in the market. I can recommend Palmers Bust Firming Cream. This is cheap and effective.




Tip 7


This is the final step to make you feel good and sexy as well as motivated to continue your quest for your dream shape- frame your “before-after” picture. You often don’t realize how far you’ve come if you don’t take pictures.
Here is mine...
BEFORE

After

2 comments:

  1. where can i buy nature's slim natural?does it costs much??thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy Oprtions store. They have one at SM Davao... :) would cost you around 2k

    ReplyDelete